A First Assessment of Using the eNevillizer

After the rush of the launch of the eNevillizer, a busy work schedule, and a month spent with my family, it's a good time now to assess the results of using the app.

Due to issues with my smartphone that I haven't resolved yet I haven't been able to set up the tests that I had initially planned to run. But I am seeing results from the revisions I did while I was working on and testing the eNevillizer :)

Last month I received unexpected income from 3 different sources. Not huge amounts but enough to cover a big electricity bill and some other miscellaneous expenses, and treat my loved ones too.

My biggest breakthrough though concerns a big problem I was having with a next door neighbor who was very noisy, inconsiderate and unpleasant. The situation had got to the point that I was seriously looking at finding another place to rent even though I really like where I am. The surroundings are very pleasant with trees and lawns and it's normally very calm and peaceful with the sound of birdsong in the background - when there isn't a noisy neighbor around blasting out music on his hifi at all hours of the day and night, or the noisy neighbor's dog barking. The noisiness was only a part of the problem and this had been going on for about 18 months. He had told another neighbor that he was intent on getting me to move out so that one of his cronies could move in.

As a lot of this "stuff" was happening at the time I was working on the eNevillizer, I recorded the memories, letting it really rip and then revised them, either on the spot or later when I was calmer. My revisions centered around experiencing the calm and peacefulness I had known during the first 3 months of living here. I didn't fix any criteria about where that calm and peacefulness was being experienced as the calm and peacefulness were the end result I desired.

I repeated this every time I felt aggravated up until about a month ago when I traveled down south to visit my children and grandchildren. During this time I thought little about the neighbor and when I did I immediately revised in my head; I wasn't able to use the eNevillizer on my smartphone at all during this past month.

I did however start worrying about what new "stuff" would happen once I got back home as I drove the 660 km home.  I then decided to reflect on all the negative feelings that came up and ask myself what they meant and where they came from in the 1st place.  I realized that I felt mainly like I was being bullied and this was something I had suffered from in my early years at school. I then asked myself if this was in harmony with the person I wanted to be and the answer was of course "no" so I imagined how I should react to this type of person and then let it go when I left the motorway and needed to concentrate more on the twisty country roads I had to take on the last part of my journey home.

It was late when I got home and therefore dark. I unpacked the car, had a cup of tea, took a shower and went to bed happy to be back home.

The next morning I was very appreciative of the calmness and thought that the neighbor must be at work and that he'd packed his rude 14 year-old son and their dog off to one of his cronies'.  Later on another neighbor that had seen that I was back came over to tell me the good (for me) news: My next door neighbor is in prison awaiting his court case in 2 months time and he's likely to be sentenced to a year altogether. His son and the dog are at one of his cronies'.

I keep repeating "thank you" and "I'm so happy and grateful to be living in this peaceful calm place"* over and over again in my heart as I listen to the cooing of the wood doves.

This is all very encouraging and motivates me to get down to some serious testing. I'm thinking about producing a Windows app version, at least for my own use.  This shouldn't take me long to do and as I work from home and my computer is always near me and running it will be just as effective for me. I'll probably add synching so that once the issue with my smartphone is resolved I'll have access to my data whatever the device I'm using.

Have a great day and remember: Don't let the sun descend upon your wrath. Revise, revise, revise. You can test run a web version of the eNevillizer here. :)


*This is what I wrote in one of my revisions of this issue.

Comments